Flea Market Flowers

Friday, April 8, 2011

Easy, Awesome DIY Picture Project

The other day I discovered Adriana Willsie's awesome blog and business. I found this super easy and really adorable DIY project on her blog and, since I'm a sucker for my pup, I decided to make one featuring my lovely little miss Mia.

Here's my baby:


 And here's what I did with the help of Adriana's step-by-step guide:


Cute, huh?? It didn't take long to make and once it was done, I was really happy with it. It's bold, graphic, and unique. Plus it's my baby! My mom's birthday is this weekend and I think I might make one for her using a picture of her dog, Coco (my first dog-child).

I have to thank Adriana for inspiring me and helping me get back into creating things!

Do you guys have any fun projects that you personalize like this?

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what happened to my comment, but here it goes again! So, I apologize if you get it twice.

    What a GREAT post. Love your project. Thanks so much for sharing the link. I think I will do this, but instead of using a picture of our menagerie of dogs/cats/hamster/goats/rabbits/horses, I will use picture of my daughters in dance poses. That should make nice silhouettes and great Mother's Day gifts!

    Thanks for a terrific blog...just like always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kristinfrancis
    I love that idea! I had the same thought, but with our friends' three little girls. They're coming up to visit for the week before Easter, so I want to get their silhouettes and make these for them to take home. Make sure you post the picture when you make yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that's so cute! I /love/ the grass background. Glad you liked the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments = love. You know it's true!