Flea Market Flowers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Would You Take Your Biggest Style Risk?

I've been thinking a lot lately about red lipstick. Maybe it's because spring is just about here and it feels like it's time for some fun. Or maybe it's because red is such a classic color that I want to infuse my look with a bit of that timeless class (I really enjoy timeless, vintage looks... a lot).



I really couldn't tell you where the semi-obsession with it has come from, but it's definitely one of the biggest risks I'd be taking with my style.

First of all, I don't wear lipstick. Ever. Just on my wedding day. Every other day, I wear lip balm. I don't even really do gloss or tinted balm. Second of all, I'm not the biggest fan of standing out or drawing attention to myself. So red lipstick really would be a completely new thing for me, and it definitely would be attention-grabbing. But, I really want to give it a shot.

Apparently it's important to know your coloring first and then pick a red. I think I've determined that I'm cool toned, since I have dark hair, dark eyes, and lighter skin. I'm not entirely sure, though... and I don't want to pick the wrong color and look ridiculous (even thought I'm pretty sure at first I'll feel ridiculous anyway).

The point of this blog is to explore what I love without reservations. So even if I don't normally wear red lipstick, I should still try it out because it's something I'm interested in, and I shouldn't let a little bit of fear and hesitation and self-consciousness stop me. Right?? Right! So I'm on the hunt for the right shade of red. Maybe it will actually look good and I'll realize it wasn't a huge risk at all. Besides, if nothing else it will be fun. And it's not like the world will end if I find out I don't like the look, or prefer my balm at the end of the day.

What is your biggest style risk that you're dying to take but are holding back on?

Tell me in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Red! How bold! Can't wait to see what color you find.

    Red terrifies me, and I'm terrible at finding lipstick colors, so when I find one that works, I stick with it for a long time.

    I don't feel like I have a particular style risk... perhaps that's what I need. Maybe you can help me find my "red lipstick." :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments = love. You know it's true!