Flea Market Flowers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dream Backyard

I just found this photo online and immediately started thinking about my dream backyard. The lights, the gorgeous seats, the movie screen-- love it all.

My heart pitter-patters for this gorgeous patio from re-nest.com:

The bright pops of color in this backyard are lovely:

And we have to have a fire pit, obviously:

Right now our yard is pretty sad. We have no grass, we're waiting for our cesspool to be dug up and changed to a septic (which will tear up the yard), we need to put up fencing to enclose the yard for the dog, and we have no landscaping going on.

I'm looking forward to getting our hands dirty this spring and summer as we transform our blah backyard into a little sanctuary. Might not look as nice as these pictures, but it will be just right for us.

7 comments:

  1. Oh the first one is so lovely, I want that kind of too. We don't even have garden/backyard as we are living in the city. Maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great backyards! great post! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your amazing comment! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH that first photo...wowwww. It seriously makes me wish I had a backyard :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sini
    I love the first one, too! It's so romantic, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Irina
    You are so welcome, Irina! You always leave me great comments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rebekka Seale
    Rebekka I had the same exact reaction to that first photo: WOWWWWW. It inspired the whole post haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fell in love with all of these dream backyards the first time I saw them. I can also understand the feeling of not having any of these in your house though. The backyard I liked the most is definitely the first one the way it was.

    Randolph Coleson

    ReplyDelete

Comments = love. You know it's true!