Flea Market Flowers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

30 Skills Every Woman Should Have Before Turning 30

I used to intern for YourTango.com and part of my job was retweeting interesting posts to readers from sites like TheFrisky.com, so when I saw this post on TheFrisky, I thought it would be a thought-provoking topic to discuss here. I think I've got a handle on quite a few items on the list, but there are some that I have yet to do. How much of your personal style do you think gets rolled up into your skills and talents?



It also got me wondering about what else might be useful by-30 skills. Thoughts, my friends?

List from TheFrisky.com:
(Italics = skills attained)
1. Hard-boil an egg 

2. Diplomatically tell Mom to butt out
3. Ace a job interview (talk to me on Thursday after I ace my interview!)
4. Ask a man out
5. Send a thoughtful thank-you note (try 1 million thoughtful thank-you notes after my wedding!)
6. Listen to a friend in need
7. Ask for help (Does telling my husband to clean up the kitchen after dinner so I can attend a skype editorial meeting count?)
8. Effectively end an unhealthy relationship (romantic or platonic in nature)
9. Beautifully wrap a gift
10. Say “no” gracefully
11. Whip up a great dinner with the five items in her fridge
12. Forget pleasing him, by 30 a woman should be able to tell her man exactly how to please her
13. Sew a button
14. Mix a kick-ass cocktail
15. Take off her bra without removing her shirt (can't we all do this?)
16. Apply lip gloss in the dark
17. Balance her checkbook
18. Create a budget
19. Find the best deal (I was born cheap.)
20. Negotiate a salary and/or pay raise (Then I quit because it was a horrible job.)
21. Read a map
22. Hail a cab
23. Say something in French just for the hell of it
24. Apologize when she’s wrong (This is a skill for EVERYONE.)
25. Dress for her body type
26. Change a flat (or know whom to call to come change it) (AAA is my savior.)
27. Spot a fake (handbag, diamond, potential friend …)
28. Feign interest
29. Know what to tip on a $25 dinner bill
30. Hold a baby (Hey, someone you know is bound to have one sooner or later.)

What else should be on this list?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = love. You know it's true!